Puffco strives to make devices that maximize the hash consumption experience. The Puffco Peak was its first electronic dab rig, and the Puffco Plus is, in my opinion, one of the best dab pens on the market. If you are looking for a portable dabbing experience, this is it.
Below, find out everything you need to know about the Puffco Plus vaporizer.
What is the Puffco Plus vaporizer?
The Puffco Plus vaporizer (Puffco Plus V2) is a portable dab pen. A dab pen, also called a wax pen, is a vape pen that you can load with your own concentrates (dabs), instead of using vape oil cartridges and pods. It’s a great option for hash enthusiasts that need something small, discreet, and portable.
The Puffco Plus costs $89.99 through the Puffco website.
Design and features of the Puffco Plus
The Puffco Plus comes in one color: black, but the brand also has a metallic rainbow color-way called the Puffco Vision Plus. The dimensions are 16.5 × 7.5 × 4.3 cm and it comes with a USB supercharger and cleaning swabs — always clean your bowl with swabs after every use for smoother hits.
- Coil-less ceramic bowl: Ceramic bowls are great for dabs. They preserve flavor and efficiently hold heat.
- Built-in extendable loading tool: The inside of the mouthpiece has a dab loading tool attached to it that helps center your concentrates inside the device.
- Built-in carb cap: In addition to being a dab tool, the Puffco Plus mouthpiece also operates as a carb cap.
- Three heat settings: The Puffco Plus has three temperature settings, allowing consumers to choose the right heat for each type of dab. The lower the temperature, the more flavorful your vapor; the higher the temperature, the bigger your clouds.
- Low: Green light — 580°F
- Medium: Blue light — 650°F
- High: White light — 720°F
- Sesh-mode functionality: To hit the Puffco Plus, hold the cloud button and it will hit for eight seconds. If you want a longer hit, you can double click the cloud button to enter “Sesh Mode” and the pen will stay heated for 12 continuous seconds.
- Fast charging / long battery life: You should be able to hit the pen for about 30 seshes. Once the battery dies, it should take you about 35 minutes to fully charge your Puffco Plus with the USB supercharger.
- Precision machined alloy housing.
- Fingerprint resistant coating: Your device will stay pretty even if your fingers are disgusting.
How to use the Puffco Plus
One of the biggest benefits of the Puffco Plus is how easy it is to use.
Step 1: Buy concentrates
You need dabs to use the Puffco Plus. You can go to the local dispensary and scoop up some nice live resin or live rosin for this.
Concentrates enthusiasts swear by solventless rosin as the best type for dabbing, since it doesn’t contain any solvents in the extraction process, and it maintains the strain’s most natural chemical profile. If you like the taste of OG Kush flower, you’ll love the taste of OG Kush dabs.
Step 2: Power on
Click the Puffco Plus button five times to turn it on.
Step 3: Choose temperature setting
Click the Puffco button four times to cycle through Low, Medium, and High temperature settings.
Step 4: Load Puffco Plus
Unscrew the mouthpiece and load your chamber with dabs. You can use the dab tool attached to the mouthpiece by pushing down the silicone tip, or you can use another great Puffco device, the Hot Knife.
Reattach your mouthpiece when done.
Step 5: Inhale
To use device, hold the button down as you inhale. To enter “Sesh Mode”, click the button twice. Keep your Puffco Plus straight up and down so the oil makes contact with the bowl.
Step 6: Clean chamber
Once you’re done, use a cotton swab to clean the chamber. This is imperative in extending the lifespan of your device. It’s also imperative because leftover oil residue will distort the next session’s flavor.
Performance and experience
Most Puffco Plus reviews will tell you the device is pretty good for its intended use. It gives your dabs a nice, even heat so you can get smooth, tasty puffs every time you hit it. It takes about 20 seconds to fully heat, and how long it stays heated depends on if you’re in “Sesh Mode” or not. It had a consistent temperature throughout the experience.
I hit the Puffco Plus with some Ricky Bobby dabs from Nature’s Lab Extracts. From just one session, I was fully zooted. When you want to dip from the house but not carry a big Puffco Peak carrying case, go ahead and get the Puffco Plus.
Is the Puffco Plus worth the money?
Yup. $100 is steep, but the device holds up and you’ll get plenty of use out of it.
How’s the flavor hit?
Beautifully. You get some nice clouds out of it, the vapor tastes great (if you’ve got some fire dabs), and the smell doesn’t linger.
Is it easy to clean the Puffco Plus?
It’s easy as hell to clean the Puffco Plus. After each use, swish a cotton swab around the ceramic bowl and you’re good to go.
For deep cleans follow these simple steps:
Unscrew the mouthpiece and heating compartment.
Dip that cotton swab into some isopropyl alcohol, and swish it around all areas.
Hit it with a little water swab after and let the piece completely dry.
Start hitting some clean, fire dabs.
The Puffco Plus vaporizer delivers. It’s great for people who want to dab on the go, or simply don’t want to bother with larger pieces. You’ll get smooth hits, big flavors, and huge puffs of vapor that will get you absolutely stoned. It’s a great buy for stoners of all consumption levels.